Ez Touch Screen

jayala

How can I connect two EZtouch screens to an AB 503 PLC?

First time doing this task any pointer will be appreciated

The two EZtouch will have the same program but they will be 50' apart to control some motor contactors

Thank you

Thank you godfrey for the quick response I really appreciated. I just found out that the EZ touch screen instead of been 50’ away from the panel is going to be located 200’.Can I still using the serial port on the AB 503 or should I use DH485 Com 1?

The display is a master on any communication line. It asks for information from the PLC and the PLC then replies. The standard serial port is designed for 1 initiator and 1 responder. But you wish to have 2 displays and 1 PLC - that is - 2 masters and 1 responder.

The DH-485 protocol which can use the RS485 port can be a peer-to-peer or multi-master setup by means of 'token-passing'. This is a procedure where each unit, one at a time, is allowed to be the master, asking a question and getting a response, then the unit passes on this ability to the next unit in a logical circle (lowest unit address up to the highest address then wrapping back to the lowest address) by sending a certain code.

As long as you units can properly inplement the DH-485 protocol it should be okay.

Thank you Bernie Carlton for the quick response I really appreciated. Other than the 2 EZ touch Screen and the AB 503 is anything else needed to communicate the PLC and EZ touch Screens.

I did this years ago with about 12 EZTouch screens and a single 5/03. All I needed was the screens, the 5/03 and wire. You will want to use the recommended wire and I don't recall what it was. I'm on vacation and so don't have the info handy, but it was Belden cable and easy to obtain.

One call to Automation Direct and I was sent a word document that answered every question one would have. I'm assuming that EZ-Automation would be of the same help.

One thing different that I would do this time is look into connecting one panel to the SLC with DH-485 and connecting the C-mores together with ethernet.

I really appreciated response ChuckM do you used Df1 or DH485 in order to accomplish the communication between EZ and PLC

Thank you in advance

If I connect more than one EZTouch to a processor, I use DH-485. Actually, in most cases I use DH-485 for the HMI. Not that I have a specific reason, that is just what I prefer.

Thank you for you replies ChuckM. I’m kind of confuse I was checking the 1747-AIC manual do I really need to have this link module “forgive my ignorance” just trying to figure out what components I need to set up the DH485 network other than the AB 503 and 2 EZtouch and make it to work.

You will need one link module for the SLC. After that, the EZTouch panels are simply daisy-chained together.

Thank you ChuckM for the quick response I really appreciated. With you generosity information I’ll get the 1747-AIC, AB 503 and two EZ touch to set up the DH485 network.
”Thank you very very much”