Omron C200HX to CJ1 series

strayplc

Hi..any expert can advise.

I have a old or not very old Omron C200Hx-CPU85z series which I plan to upgrade.

I know CS1 series is the recommended replaced but I am intertested to use CJ1 series as it will be cheaper and modular.

Does anyone knows if there will be any major issue to change to CJ1 series...Thanks

Regards
Stray

The conversion to a CS/CJ will be very similar, if not identical. Obviously the hardware is different, but most of everything else would be the same.
The benefit of using a CS1 in this instance, is that you may be able to re-use the IO modules, just swap the backplane & CPU and your 85% done, surely this would be cheaper than going to a CJ, as the wiring can stay the same....