MOV Instruction

oxlacey

This should be easy (I hope).

I have a MOV statement with no conditional. I want to move 6 into Number (integer).

However, it never happens. Number remains 0.

What am I missing?!

In addition to checking to make sure the subroutine is being called make sure that something else is not clearing the integer register.

oh my gosh i feel like the village idiot. sorry for that guys, it's been a while since i've actually had to program! i forgot to call the task.

OK. now that works.

I want to put a variable into a tag called Rack_Contents that is a DINT with 13 elements (for 13 racks).

How do I move a value of "6" into Rack_Contents for rack number 11?

I can do this with 2 MOV statements; is there a way to do this with a single MOV?

Last edited:
It kind of depends on how you refer to the 'Rack Number'

Is Rack_Contents[0] called "Rack 0"? If so then rack number 11 is Rack_Contents[11] and placing a "6" in it would be:

MOV 6 Rack_Contents[11]

But realize this method means you cant have a Rack Number 13. The last one would be rack number "12"

Last edited:
I want to put a variable into a tag called Rack_Contents that is a DINT with 13 elements (for 13 racks).

It kind of depends on how you refer to the 'Rack Number'

Is Rack_Contents[0] called "Rack 0"? If so then rack number 11 is Rack_Contents[11] and placing a "6" in it would be:

MOV 6 Rack_Contents[11]

But realize this method means you cant have a Rack Number 13. The last one would be rack number "12"

I make arrays one element larger when needed so for 35 racks numbered 1 to 35 I create my array as 36 elements. You get Rack[0] to Rack[35], and you don't use rack[0]. It wastes an element, yes, but it is simpler to program.

Last edited: