FTView ME graphics import...

Lemming

Hi All

Working on a site developing a HMI project for a PV+ 1250, as well as a FTView SE Scada project. using FTView studio V7 for both. Have found with FTView SE Rockwell have added the feature available in RSView32 to allow importing graphic files and allow conversion to a native object. This allows the resultant object to be animated using the full range of controls, not just visibility.

In FTView ME studio the options for import are more limited with only .WMF and .DXF files being able to be imported. Haven't had a lot of joy with these file types.

Does any one know of a cunning method to get a bitmap into FTView ME and allow the full range of animation to be applied ?? Specifically working on a tank graphic where I want the level to move up and down with the fill animation.

Thanks in advance... Cheers Chris

I haven't found a way to do anything but visibility animation with a graphic object. It's disappointing, but that's the way it is.

If I need to stretch or move anything on a PanelView, I draw it using native objects. Usually on Sundays during advertising breaks of football games.

You could try this...
1. Go to http://www.rastervect.com.
2. Download and install the free version.
3. Take a bitmap and convert to vector.
4. Save as wmf
5. Inside ME, objects, import, add wmf.

A wmf should allow all animation. The graphic will not be as good, but you may be able to touch it up.

There are other bmp to vector conversion tools. This is one I have used and it worked for me.

James

Thanks James, I'll give it a go.. Spent some time playing with this as the drawing package I use will export to WMF, but could not get it to import successfully (Image didn't land...)

Same thing through Symbol Factory, the format of the file to that need to be specifically generated (or compatible with..) Adobe Illustrator or Corel draw??

This is most definitely hit or miss. I have had more failures than success. I have been most successful using RasterVect (the link I mentioned above). Sometimes it is not worth the time converting as it takes time to "clean" up the image. If you can't convert, one idea, as Ken mentioned, is to draw from scratch. One tip is to import the original pic and set as wallpaper, then just draw on top of it, using the pic as a template.

Try taking on of the bitmaps in symbol factory and convert to vector, then save as wmf. If you aren't able to accomplish this, then something in your software is not happy. I was able to do this and it worked.

James