MID instruction not working

hazemabdulrab

Hello ,

I'm having an issue with this rung. I've tried with and without ONS and I can't seem to understand why it wont work.
and yes the routine is added as a JSR in the main routine.

Capture.jpg

any ideas?

Thank you

I would try a jumper around your NEQ to see if that's causing the issue. Not sure you can compare NEQ a string to null_string.

That all looks good - I'm just about out of ideas. Have you tried substituting another simple non-arrayed string as the source? Do you have a similar MID function working in another section of your program?

That all looks good - I'm just about out of ideas. Have you tried substituting another simple non-arrayed string as the source? Do you have a similar MID function working in another section of your program?

I think it has something to do with the length like u said. When i use the cps instruction to copy the length of the barcode to a dest. The source is a int and the dest is a dint. could that cause a problem?

what would be the best way to convert a int to a dint value?

I had a problem with a barcode reader in that, even though the strobe went TRUE the entire string was not in the result array yet. I waited until the length was something reasonable then copied. No problems after that.

Last edited:

It worked thank you. The problem was using the CPS instruction to copy the int length to a tag with a dint length. so i replaced it with a mov instruction instead of cps and it worked.

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Capture.jpg
Capture1.jpg