Medoc plus program upload

Leidulf

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also new to Medoc plus.
I am to do some changes in an A1S CPU that some other company has programmed from the start. The programming software is installed on a machine on site, and a copy of the program is present on the harddisk.

When I try to go online I get det message that the program on the PC is not identical with the one in the PLC. OK, then I have to upload the program from the PLC, but when I do this a new Main "file" and a new POU is added. What is happening?
How can I upload the program and be sure that the one I am downloading again is the updated version of the one I just uploaded?

Right, if my memory serves me correctly, medoc plus is MMP this is the early version of GXIEC, you cannot upload the program as it will not convert into the iec editor, it creates one that is in stl only.

the only way round the problem is to compare the program, find where the differences are & if you are familure with iec you could add or delete the code in a copy of the original code.

then do another compare, depending on the number of changes this could take some time, the only error you will get then is timestamp.

I have done this in GXIEC 32 bit version & not sure if the old MM+ has got all the facilities like show medoc code of network.

There is another possibility that if there was enough memory in the plc they may have downloaded the symbolic code to the plc, MM+ did have this facility but it eats memory in the plc so many projects would not fit.

also this could be out of date as well.

The problem with mm+ or GXIEC is that the code produced is not compatable with GXDeveloper & errors occur in the ladder, also many of the functions used use temporary memory addresses & calls to subroutines so is not easy to decipher.
If I had an A processor you could have posted 2 files, one with the original code & one with the upload & if changes small I could have helped you but A series are now defunct & I only have Q's.
If you do post them I could have a look but the best way is to backup the project using "Extras\Backup project this creates a small file however not sure if the very old mm+ can be converted this way.