Weintek no PLC response

Greg7683

Having problems with The Weintek MT6070iH 5WV not connecting to the PLC. Like If I copy the program from one HMI and put in another the same model it comes up with no plc response I did the stuff on the weintek videos to fix this problem but nothing seems to work.

Does anything on HMI react to PLC the "no response from PLC" could be one address it cant find.

The start button interacts with the PLC I guess if the HMI connects to the PLC the start button and the manual button will appear if it doesn't connect with the PLC the start button and manual button will not appear. if this is what you are talking about

sounds correct, if the start button is set to read back from PLC it wont appear if not communicating, I take it your" no response from PLC" is constant. I know if you do establish comm's with PLC and one or more addresses are not seeing you will also get that response periodically.

If you had a button or display that was trying to read from a register that doesn't exist in PLC you can get that error, but it sounds like you say nothing is working.

Did you take a program from one HMI that worked and put it in another and that HMI WON'T WORK

You said videos. I use the PDF guide. Go to page 709, and use the recommended connection. RS485, 4 wire, 38400, 7E.
Link

My experience with this guide is 100% success rate.

Did you take a program from one HMI that worked and put it in another and that HMI WON'T WORK

Yup if I take the program and put it in one that is working it still wont work like in my first if I copy the program from a working HMI and put it in a new one of the same type from one to another it wont work lol kinda wearied if I do the same with our pro face HMI's it works fine.

I have seen if you have addresses in one that were NOT a standard one given,
(I use AB not Mitsubishi) say I created a Integer file (Nfn OR fFN) instead of using N7 or F8 that are provided, and I change the Comms setup in system parameters it will loose my created file, if that makes sense, Again I have only used with AB processors.

Yup if I take the program and put it in one that is working it still wont work like in my first if I copy the program from a working HMI and put it in a new one of the same type from one to another it wont work lol kinda wearied if I do the same with our pro face HMI's it works fine.
If you wired per the guide, then the issue is software/firmware.

There can be an issue with different firmware versions. If you have an older program, and you're copying it to a newer HMI and it doesn't work, load it up in software and recompile.

Make sure you always download with the "Runtime" box checked.
Don't think it's an issue if you download to thumb drives.

Make a test program. Single screen with a couple of input bits you can easily trigger, and a pushbutton or two. Make buttons momentary.

Do you have a copy of file you use to upload or are you pulling it from the running HMI