Uploading to a SLC 5/04 Ethernet processor

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Guys,

I need to go online with a SLC/504 Ethernet processor but i do not have the program, nor do the customers. I've created an AB ethernet driver in RSLinx and i can see the processor online. I just want to be sure of a few things before i try and upload the program. I do know when i upload i wont have any of the tags.

When I'm in RSLogix 500 and go to comms and choose the processor and click Upload or even Online it immediately tells me the file is not found and to browse or create a new file. It's been so long since i've had to do that and i do not want to accidentally erase the existing program.

If i click upload and create new file, will i erase the current program or will i simply be able to go online with the existing program without labels or tags?

thanks in advance,

Tex

Just for clarity, a 5/04 is not an Ethernet processor, but a DH+ processor. A 5/05 is an Ethernet Processor.

Hello Guys,

I need to go online with a SLC/504 Ethernet processor but i do not have the program, nor do the customers. I've created an AB ethernet driver in RSLinx and i can see the processor online. I just want to be sure of a few things before i try and upload the program. I do know when i upload i wont have any of the tags.

When I'm in RSLogix 500 and go to comms and choose the processor and click Upload or even Online it immediately tells me the file is not found and to browse or create a new file. It's been so long since i've had to do that and i do not want to accidentally erase the existing program.

If i click upload and create new file, will i erase the current program or will i simply be able to go online with the existing program without labels or tags?

thanks in advance,

Tex
It must be a 5/05 if you are getting to the upload or browse prompt.

If you create a new file, you not affecting the running PLC. You will get online with a "blank" database, meaning no comments or symbols. Nothing will be erased. If you have a file which should have the comments, browse to it first. If you don't , go ahead and get online, then save the file, and answer yes to saving all data files. This will capture everything the PLC needs to run.

If you later find a file with the correct comments, it is not difficult to export them and import them into this file you have saved.