You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 13th, 2018, 03:53 AM   #1
Lukas01
Croatia

Factory Talk View - Data Log - Trends

Hi,

I only need confirmation regarding the data log of Factory Talk View. I have 27 tags that I show on trends. I want to see trend of each tag for last month period and I calculated that each of 27 tags get 37,037 points (max is 1,000,000 points)?! I can set periodically log of 72 seconds == that would be for month enough.

My question is, can I divide 27 tags on several data log models (want to have more often periodically log) or only one data log model is possible to use?

Best regards

Luka
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:20 AM   #2
A_G
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas01 View Post

My question is, can I divide 27 tags on several data log models (want to have more often periodically log) or only one data log model is possible to use?
You can have several data log models. You can use different tags on each data log model, or use some of the same tags.
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:49 AM   #3
Lukas01
Croatia

I will try to explain better (my question is not very clear). I know that I can divide tags in several data logs, but I will try to explain on this example:

1. Solution:
I am using 1 Data log model with 1,000,000 points. I have inside that Data log model 27 tag. I calculated that if I want to see last month period of all tags
I need to set periodically log of 72 seconds.

2. Solution:

I have 3 Data log modes and each of them is using 1,000,000 points:
Data Log Model 1 - has 10 tags (using 1,000,000 points)
Data Log Model 2 - has 10 tags (using 1,000,000 points)
Data Log Model 3 - has 7 tags (using 1,000,000 points)

For Data log Model 1 and 2, I can set periodically log of 26 seconds to get last month period, and for Data Log Model 3, periodically log is 18 seconds.

For me, solution 2 is much better because I will get much faster refresh of tags on trends but the question is, is it possible? I read that Factory Talk View Machine Edition Design/runtime has limitation on Data Log model (quote: "at runtime, only one data log model is supported").

Regards
Old February 13th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #4
A_G
United States

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "points". Can you send a screenshot of your Datalog setup?
Old February 13th, 2018, 10:44 AM   #5
Lukas01
Croatia

In pic you can see that the max data points is 1,000,000.
Also in 'startup' setting you could add only one data log model. If this 'startup' setting limits usage of data log models than I can't use solution 2 that I previously mentioned. Only need confirmation that I can't use solution 2 or maybe there is another way to solve my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DataLogPic.jpg (36.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg StartupPic.jpg (21.5 KB, 6 views)
Old February 13th, 2018, 10:58 AM   #6
A_G
United States

Ok I see what you mean. Unfortunately I don't know, I have never tried to do this before. maybe someone else can help
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:26 AM   #7
BlueAltezza
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas01 View Post
In pic you can see that the max data points is 1,000,000.
Also in 'startup' setting you could add only one data log model. If this 'startup' setting limits usage of data log models than I can't use solution 2 that I previously mentioned. Only need confirmation that I can't use solution 2 or maybe there is another way to solve my problem.
You're right: "You can define multiple data log models, but at run time you can use only one data log model at a time. Specify the model to use in the Startup editor."

Based on that, the only PV option you have is #1.

Option #3 would be a separate data collector
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum