How to add new symbol in Omron PLC.

shresp

Now i am able to connect the plc to the PC. I am able to do simple edit/modify in the omron PLC Programme. At this time i can not able to add new symbol like 5.0 sec bit pulse, internal logic relay etc. These symbol are not listed in plc symbol list.

Can anyone guide me to export the new symbol other then listed in PLC Symbol List?

Hello shresp,

Not sure I fully understand your question, but if you want to create a symbol for use in the program, simply open the symbol table that you require (Global or Local), and press the 'INSERT' key.
Fill in the name, datatype and address, and there you have it!
Alternatively, it can be created 'on the fly' by entering the required details in the 'New Contact' dialogue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all

I am Using omron cx-programmer. In this programme the 1-sec clock pulse bit timmer is avalable in programme itself.I want to add new 5sec clock pulse bit (not only symbol) the PLC ladder diagram.I am able add new symbol named 5-sec clock pulse bit in the programme but this did not work as 5-sec clock pulse bit timer.

How to add new clock pulse bit timmer? Not only symbol.

shresp said:
Thanks to all

I am Using omron cx-programmer. In this programme the 1-sec clock pulse bit timmer is avalable in programme itself.I want to add new 5sec clock pulse bit (not only symbol) the PLC ladder diagram.I am able add new symbol named 5-sec clock pulse bit in the programme but this did not work as 5-sec clock pulse bit timer.

How to add new clock pulse bit timmer? Not only symbol.

Hello shresp,
You cannot just create functions out of thin air.
You need to create this pulse programatically, either in Ladder by or creating a Function Block.
Hint... use 2 timers...

LDN T1
OUT T0 #50
LD T0
OUT T1 #50

T0 will now be ON for 5 secs, then OFF for 5 secs.