how do you setup a message in controllogic to read the input/output table of a plc 5

yes DH+ through a 1756-DHRIO card, thanks for the reply I figure it out but the data dose not line up when its pass through, I think I have to convert the data file in plc5 B4 I read it to the control logic .how do I do this? thanks in advance.

just a guess - but are you bringing the PLC-5's data in and then storing it in a DINT location? ... if so, that MIGHT be your problem ...

the PLC-5 thinks in terms of INT locations (16 bits to each location) ... the ControlLogix NORMALLY thinks in terms of DINTs (32 bits to each location) ...

try setting up the ControlLogix storage locations as 16-bit INTs and see if that helps ... if not, consider posting your program file (ACD) and we'll try to help you nail down an answer ...

Similar Topics

Ok I'm racking my brain on this. Maybe I'm missing something but I could really use to help. Google gave me many links to here but none of them...
Replies
Views
Hi, right now I have a real PLC on which i'm connected by ethernet right now, and i'd like to simulate a second PLC with RSEmulate and make...
Replies
Views
I have a Control Logix controler and I have a Compact Logix controler that are connected thru ethernet. I have never setup messaging to these type...
Replies
Views
I want to establish a Profinet network in my production plant to connect multiple devices, including a PLC, HMI, and multiple Profinet-based...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am currently working on a AB 193-EDN and i am trying to figure out this "Average %FLA", it keeps showing 70-75 but my clamp meter...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom