New Titles

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,

Just an FYI post...

New titles have been added to the user names to recognize the many frequent posters (i.e. helpers of the PLC world!).

post count = title
0=Junior Member
30=Member
75=Senior Member
100=PLC Guru
250=Senior PLC Guru
500=PLC Expert
750=Senior PLC Expert
1000=PLC Master
more as needed...

Your title will update itself after your next post.(if it needed to change due to your post count)

If you had a post count on the previous forum and I have not changed it yet for you, email me at [email protected]
(If your post count got reset a few months back due to the old forum crash, let me know as well.)

Enjoy,
Phil

Gurus Experts & Masters

Gee, register your name here, spend a couple of weeks posting dumb questions, dumb answers, irrelevant answers, bash any student that dares ask a question and hey presto! become a MASTER!

What utterly irrelevant BS!

IMHO, post counts are unnecessary. Quantity is not necessarily related to quality. All the post count does is give an indication of how much time the person doing the posting spends here. It says nothing about whether the information posted is helpful, or even if it's accurate.

That's what I meant in my reply Steve. I have just put 2 useless posts on this forum, another 930 odd more like this and I become a PLC guru. God! I wish it was that easy when I was at college.

0=Junior Member ... How will we see this one. :)

1000=PLC Master ... see Terry how your answers get you in trouble...

Re: Gurus Experts & Masters

Gerry said:
Gee, register your name here, spend a couple of weeks posting dumb questions, dumb answers, irrelevant answers, bash any student that dares ask a question and hey presto! become a MASTER!

What utterly irrelevant BS!

That worked for Luke Skywalker, didn't it?

I agree, I have a fairly high post count for my short time here and I by far am NOT a plc master or guru. Maybe you could add an option for us to choose, for me would be PLC trainee.

I'd say, forget the titles. A truthful profile coupled only slightly with the post count should give a proper impression. Of course, some may not care for any title at all and just want to get on with exchanging helpful information.

I definitely agree with Peter! and Steve! and Pierre! and Bernie! and...

Let the counts stand as they are and let people make of them what they will. Going off on bizarre tangents does not a PLC Master make!

This too is a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. While I may be good at what I know and some can't compete, there are plenty of guys here that know what I don't know and blow me away!

Let's not make this into an "Experts Exchange". Let's keep it loose and allow bizarre tangents (please?).

BTW, did ya here the one about the guy that was taking a ride in a cab? Well, he reached a head a touched the driver on the shoulder to ask a question. The driver let out a blood curdling scream and promptly ran the cab off the road into a tree.

The guy said Wow! Why the heck did you do that?

The cab driver said, This is my first day as a cab driver. I spent the last 25 years driving a hearse!

Last edited:
To put this in PLC terms: you're not considering enough inputs for control of your output. A bit like having a program that allows every press of the start button to run the motor - never mind the stop button or the overload or any other relevant interlock.

Things to consider:
1) type of post - start of a topic or a response
2) peer rating of topic/response for quality, relevance
3) quantities of each type of post

This multi-variable problem could become a nice little exercise in fuzzy logic. Lots of possible membership sets for the inputs, plenty of room for discussion about rules and weights and of course the resultant output rating could move up or down rather than inexorably upward.