Install Rslogix 5000 with Studio 5000 DVD?

LowRange

I would like to install version 15 of rslogix 5000 to communicate with a contrologix controller running version 15 firmware. I am unable to communicate with the controller due to firmware version incompatibility. Flashing the controller/cards is not an option because I do not have project file and wish to upload it from the controller.

I have rslogix 5000 version 17 and studio 5000 version 21 installed on my laptop. I have a Studio 5000 DVD but I see no option to install an older version of 5000.

How do I go about resolving this issue?

I would like to install version 15 of rslogix 5000 to communicate with a contrologix controller running version 15 firmware. I am unable to communicate with the controller due to firmware version incompatibility. Flashing the controller/cards is not an option because I do not have project file and wish to upload it from the controller.

I have rslogix 5000 version 17 and studio 5000 version 21 installed on my laptop. I have a Studio 5000 DVD but I see no option to install an older version of 5000.

How do I go about resolving this issue?

I download straight from Rockwell. As long as you have cd key/serial you should be ok.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/downloads.page

Just install the DVD version, it will only load the nessesary files for version 15.
After you did this, and reboot your computer, you will see the version 15 added.

In my experience, you may have to uninstall all later versions of the RSLogix5000 to install an earlier version, the reinstall V15 to 17 or even later.

The activation key stays where it is, so do not worry about that.

I will second Helliana's comment - Install the latest version first, then install the older version(s) in reverse order. Release 15 should install without any problem.

I was able to connect to the controller and grab the project file after downloading version 15 from rockwell. I had to uninstall version 17 1st to get version 15 to install and run.

Thanks guys