Downloading a program to a touch panel

Shohadawy

I'm using an Exter T100 touch panel and this is the first time for me to use a touch panel so I want to ask the following newbie question :

Does downloading a program from the PC to the panel requires connecting it to the power supply ... or the power supply is needed only while running the application?

Hi,

Yes, in order to be able to download an application the unit will need to be powered up. If you download the application over an ethernet connection make sure that the terminal and PC are on the same subnet.

Another options instead of using a cable to make the transfer is to use the 'Export Project Transfer File' in the Transfer menu. You can export the file to a USB stick or Compact Flash card, you then connect the stick/card to the powered up HMI and say Yes when asked if you want to load the program. I find it easier than using a cable. If you are using a Vista computer make sure you run the programming software as administrator or you may hit unexpected and strange problems

Bryan