Siemens touch panel

Folarin

Hi guys,
I my touch panel is telling me "insufficient storage" whenever I try to download a program to it.

I later inserted an external memory card and the download was completed but the program does not run on the touch panel.

I need your help on this.
Thank you

What type panel exactly ?
How many kB is reported to be required when compiling in WinCC Flex ?
The extra flash card is not used to store the runtime program. It can be used to store the project file when you have selected "enable upload". Is this the case, or not ?

Re:

Thanks so much guys. The OS on my touch panel is ProTool in fact, the worrisome thing is that the HMI initial program that was running on it before I made the modification was not even downloading.

What could be responsible for this strange behaviour and is there any way I can wipe the memory of the touch panel clean so I can download the entire program afresh.

Thanks

Re

Hi Jesper,
Sorry for the omission. The removable memory card actually stores the Project not the runtime cos the Enable upload is selected. However, my OS is ProTool not WinCC.

As at yesterday, the new error message I'm seeing is "Internal error during download".

Later, I tried a second touch panel; I updated its OS and since then it keeps telling me "version incompatible" whenever i attempt to download.

It's been hell fixing this.
Thanks

Re

Type of panel - SIMATIC TOUCH PANEL
How many kB is reported to be required when compiling in WinCC Flex - The OS is ProTool
The extra flash card is not used to store the runtime program. It can be used to store the project file when you have selected "enable upload". Is this the case, or not - Yes it is ?

How many times do I have to ask ?

What type panel EXACTLY ?
When the project is compiled, what is reported about the amount of memory required (in kB) ?
:D

OP - have a look on the rear of your touch screen, it will have a part number and a model number e.g TP27, TP270,MP270B etc

The problem is most likely related to the memory card and the "enable upload" option. Cant say exactly what is wrong.
Untick the "enable upload".
It is a nice-to-have, rather than a critical necessity.