Redlion G3 - Adding string data to data Log

shiftedbits

Is it possible to add a "STRING TAG" in to a data log?

I want to be able to add words like "Monday", "Tuesday" etc. in to my data log. It does not matter if the word repeats for the entire duration of the log. Don't have a screen to try it on at the moment and wondering if anyone has been successfull in doing this. My simulation craps out every time it starts. I've only gotten it to work once. Now it just errors out every time the Sim tries to run. (Using crimson 3.0 Latest version).

Thanks

Yes it is possible to put strings in Data Logs. All you do is put the tag in your contents list. You basically handle it the same way you handle a integer or any other tag you want to log.

Thanks ClayB,

Is it safe to assume that Redlion does not do a Byte swap automatically (as some HMI's do) when it reads a string Tag from a PLC?

Only if you want it to. You do have a bit and word swap option when you set up Comms but default is none.

I don't know about the security logs (haven't used them much, and usually make my own) But for an alarm, you can make a string for the eventname. It will need to be in string format, and use the = sign to tell the program you are not entering a direct string. You will also need to build a program to accept an integer (day of the week), and return a string (with your text for that day). If you only need it once a day you can trigger the alarm based off time.

=Program0(getday(getnow()) + "Log Start"

In the manual (build 454) pg 79, it shows this feature using a array

Last edited: