Control Panel Pictures

First Panel Build (relays)

Here is my first panel, the customer wanted to use relays rather than a plc. Any comments would be appreciated so I can learn some tips for my next panel.

Panel 006.jpg Panel 007.jpg Panel 010.jpg Panel 012.jpg Panel 011.jpg

Here's a panel we made around 10 years ago...

DCP_3072.jpg

DCP_3073.jpg

Boyyito,
It looks just fine to me, the only thing I would change is run the rail the full width of space, there's nothing worse than having to add a few extra terminals with no rail space.
Easily fixed in your case, just remove the rail you have and put in a longer one.
Other than that it looks great.

Here's a tiny enclosure I built a few years ago out of used bits and pieces on a shoestring budget (note the obsolete 160SSC drives). In retrospect, I wish I had made it bigger. It looked so spacious on the CAD layout before all those pesky wires were installed.

PHL3- 002.jpg

Not a great photo of it but here's one of our latest... This panel controls three separate wax injection presses with Red Lion G315s on the machines telling the CLogix what to do. The e-net switch in the bottom right connects the RLs, CL, and a Turck BL67 setup on each machine.

Panel.jpg

before and after

i'm not sure if this is appropriate...but this is a little project that i had to do in just 5 days...notice the rats nest before and i had to make the most of it in the after photo...I couldn't really spend any money just what we had on shelf...this was an extremely low budget project....notice i reused everything i possibly could...anyway...just my two cents...everyone's panels look extremely awesome....it's nice to see that there ARE nice looking panels out there...haha

before_1.JPG after.jpg

Last edited:
Was the phone in the original one there to call for tech support when troubleshooting. :)

No,
before they set us up on VPN, client is in BC we are in Ontario, Dial Up RAS was the only method of support. They used that phone to ensure the phone line was alive as the same line was share with the plant's store front Interac line.
They had a toggle switch that switched to the modem in the door mounted SCADA PC or the Interac terminal.