Wonderware Intouch Out of Memory Error

agarb

I have seen numerous Out of Memory Errors across multiple computers and projects that I haven't been able to get to the bottom of. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum can offer any insight as Wonderware distributor hasn't been very helpful.

The most recent was this morning with an established 2014R2 project that ran fine until a hard drive failed. After reinstallation, if I start Intouch Application Manager, highlight the application and then click Windowviewer then it runs fine.

But if click windowviewer directly and by pass Intouch Application Manager then I get out of memory errors every time. If I start windowmaker and then do a fast switch to runtime, then it also works fine.

One thing to try is turning off the UAC (User Account Control) in Windows OS and see if that helps.

Thanks!

That put me on the correct path. I'm not remoted in to my customer any more but they tell me if they right click and "run as an administrator" then it works OK.

I suggested they disable UAC but never heard back on that.