Resetting the POS on a FIFO

simonjh

Hello,

I'm trying to add a button to a HMI to reset the count of the POS on the FFL instruction due to things getting out of sync. Can anyone help me out??

Cheers!

I don't believe you can MOV a 0 to the position unless there is some sort of trick to it. With the RES instruction what do I reference it to?

you can move any value into the pos of a FIFO within the rage of the file
but it will not take effect until the next time the rung goes from false to true then it will add or sub 1 depending if its a load or unload.
if the number is outside the file size the processor will fault out

both the load and unload use the same control word so if you change on you automatically change the other.
the load is always at word 0 unload can be from any word in the file
you have to trigger either the load or unload if you change the position so that it moves the data.
you can also access the file used in the FIFO directly to read or write data to the file