AB 1771-IIC TC card info needed.

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
I saw an ad for 1771-IIC THERMOCOUPLE INPUT EXPANDER MODULEWITH SWING ARM on ebay (not the most credible source), but I was trying to see if it is compatible with the plc2/17.
I've been surfing a bit using the google search engine, but haven't even found 1 hit for this card.
Anyone familiar with this?

Here's a link to the item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1750030843#DESC

T.I.A.
Russ

I wouldn't swear to it but that doesn't sound like a correct part number.

The "C" at the end means the module shipped without a swingarm. That means that the part number is a 1771-II. And that just doesn't look right.

I looked all over the A-B Manuals Online section and saw no mention whatsoever of any module like that.

Ask the eBay seller for a better picture and double-check that part number.

Good Luck!!

OG

It might be a 1771-IY, the expansion module for an old 1771-IX thermocouple input module. You need an -IX module (it's two slots wide !) before you can start stacking up to eight -IY modules onto it.

Such modules work fine with PLC-2 controllers; you end up with difficulty trying to use them with newer controllers or I/O adapters. There are a couple of Knowbase documents about the IX module and how it compares to the newer IXE and N-series input modules. There are also a number of newer modules that use components called "TIC Chips" which interfere with the 1771-IX.

Even at e-bay prices, this probably isn't a bargain.

Then OG is right about the "C" just referring to the wiring arm.

This module won't do anything without a 1771-IX to act as the A/D base.