Trying to get the Mitsubishi FX3U to communicate with the FX2n

Greg7683

I am still learning this PLC stuff, so yeah this is what I got. PLC's I am swapping:
1)On the side FX3U-80MT/ES, On the front 80MT/ES

2)On the side FX2N-80MT-001, On the front (80M) 80MR/MT

I know one is a 3U, and one is a 2N, but was wondering if I can swap the 2N with the 3U I posted above if they will work the same. I am swapping out the 2n with a 3U. I converted the program from the 2N over to the 3U, but I can't get the 3U to talk to the other FX2N we have in the module.

What do I have to change in the program in order for the 3U to communicate with the 2n? A tech from Mitsubishi helped me with it a few years ago, but since it has been a long time I forgot what he had me change in the program to get them to talk to each other.

Last edited:
What type of communication are you using between the 2 PLC's? If you are unsure google search for this manual: JY997D16901 it should give you all the information you need.

Last edited:
If this is it it has a 485-BD that connects them together shouldn't there be something I should be changing in the PLC program for them to talk to each other.

Last edited:
I have this exact set-up in our factory, you don't actually have to change any parameters in the PLC's, if you have set-up the link between correctly you should have both send and receive lights flashing on both BD modules.
You must then set your FX3U as the master station (by switching on M8070 in your ladder) and set the FX2N as the slave station (by switching on M8071 in your ladder).
Look at section 2.3.2 in the manual I told you to search for and it tells you which memories and data registers you need to use to pass bits back and forward.

Hope this helps, anymore questions please ask.

Well I can not find that JY997D16901 just don't pop up I looked for the M8070 and the M8071 but the search function in the GX Works 2 can't find it I went threw and looked and couldn't find them ether. There is a M8038, M8002, and a M8000