CLogix DHRIO to 1791 Block IO

Peter Laing

It's my first time working with remote IO on a ControLogix system. I'm having some trouble getting an Allen Bradley 1791-16BC block IO module working with the 1756-DHRIO card. I've configured CH B of the DHRIO for Remote IO, and In RSLogix 5000 IO Configuration added a Generic Remote IO adapter to CH B. If I set the Rack number to 1, it will work. When I attempt to use any other rack number, the red light flashes and the rack diagostics indicate "incorrect module". I know the Block IO is good, and the switches set OK, 'cause it will talk to a PLC5 with no problem. Anybody else run into this issue?
Cheers,
PL

Problem Solved

In the RSLogix 5000 IO configuration for the DHRIO module remote IO you have the choice of 4 module types: 1771-ASB (PLC5), 1747-ASB (SLC500), 1794-ASB (Flex IO), or RIO-ADAPTER (Generic). I had selected the RIO-ADAPTER since the 1791 block IO did not seem to fit any of the other catagories. I decided to try a different module type, and found that the 1747-ASB configuration works for the 1791 Block IO.

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem. We're currently doing a controls upgrade from PLC5 to CLX and I've been looking everywhere for a setup example in CLX for these 1791 block IO modules. The customer insists on leaving them there to keep from adding a new remote rack in those cabinets and pulling new cables. Rockwell tech support could only tell me that "Yes, they work with CLX," but offer no programming or setup examples.