HMI and Laptop to PLC via Serial Port

elitheei

I get service calls to companies who have bought skid package equipment and have touch screen control only hooked to a MicroLogix series controller. Then I can't hook up my laptop to troubleshoot a problem via the serial port. Have any of ya'll ran across this and is there a work around? I know I can unhook the touch screen and go from there but I may need to only "monitor" a problem or process for a period of time while the operator continues to interface with the PLC.
Thanks,
Dog

Similar Topics

Sorry for the basic question: At the moment, the PLC [S7-1200] is connected to a laptop (contains TIA Portal) via the ethernet port. When I add...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to buy new laptop.I need some recommendation from you all guy.Which Model of HP/DELL/ACER will be best according to price and...
Replies
Views
I just created my first ever industrial process, now I want to exchange the hmi I bought and use a computer instead. I have a click C0-12DRE-1-D...
Replies
Views
I have a brand new AB 1756-L85E, running version 33, that sporadically bumps the programming laptop and the HMI from communicating with it. After...
Replies
Views
I have a Siemens HMI 6AV2 124-0MC01-0AX0 in my machine. I want to clone the display on the HMI to PC/Laptop. My question is: 1. What software that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom