RsLinx Classsic Gateway 2.52 As OPC server

plcnovel

Hi All
Does anyone know how to use RsLinx as an OPC server. I know we can create a OPC/DDC topic and point it to the right hardware (in my case SLC5/05) but then how about creating groups and tags that my OPC client needs to read from RsLinx OPC server? How can i create the tags and/or groups in RsLinx? Do i need to create these in RsLinx or in OPC client? I am not sure, please help me out here. If i have create the tags and groups in RsLinx then what is the procedure of it? Any speedy help will highly be appreciated.

It's usually done on the client side of things.

The syntax varies by client, but here is a general example.

In RSLinx create an OPC topic and connect it to the correct PLC, let's call it BOILER.

Then in your client it might look like this: BOILER.N7:100

Which client are you using?

Ken Moore said:
It's usually done on the client side of things.

The syntax varies by client, but here is a general example.

In RSLinx create an OPC topic and connect it to the correct PLC, let's call it BOILER.

Then in your client it might look like this: BOILER.N7:100

Which client are you using?
Hi Ken
It is yokogawa OPC client station, i think running on the same machine where Rslinx is running.
So i have to create all these tags at the client side. The reason i asked, i came across some OPC server from different vendors, and they had some simulation tags installed in the server.....

Create a new topic in the OPC/DDE configuration, as mentioned by you. This created topic acts as new group for the OPC client. U can create as many group required. There is no need to create Tags in RSLinx. Since, it's a SLC5/05 you can read PLC data files directly via the Topic created in the OPC client.