How much is rockwell's technical support cost

LoganB said:
You'll get better support on this forum than you will with the KB alone. The search tool in their KB is so bad I just use live chat and make them find the KB article for me...

...or just ask me? If it exists on the Knowledgebase, I'll usually find it. But, and here's the nougat - my keyboard has much the same keys as does yours.

G.

What would be the difference between asking live chat and asking you, George? Besides about 6,000 words :ROFLMAO:

Just yanking your chain, I always appreciate your input. I don't need to put in the time to figure out how to use their search until it's necessary, and it won't be necessary until I don't have access to the live chat! I'm hoping by then they have figured out how to prioritize their search results in a way that makes more sense. Almost anyone can learn how to do almost anything if they want to put in the time, but I like search engines that are intuitive. It's what made google such a success, so I know Rockwell could do it if they wanted to.

Last edited:
You'll get better support on this forum than you will with the KB alone. The search tool in their KB is so bad I just use live chat and make them find the KB article for me :ROFLMAO:

Live chat and phone support are both worth the cost in my opinion. Live chat can be hit or miss, but the phone support is usually very good.

With KB, use "+" in front of every word as that ANDs them together:
"+PowerFlex +525 +firmware" for example.

Not "every" word, just the key words and ask it like a question...

"What is the +latest +PowerFlex +525 +firmware?"

Returns for the first hit...

77067 - RSLogix 5000: Cannot select the correct firmware revision, correlate, or add new drive
Access Level: Everyone

...which contains extensive details on acquiring the latest Drive AOPs.

I've posted the "+" tip here before somewhere, but my search capabilities are failing me! :p

G.

Either way, the "+" operator is wonderful and will reduce your results by a factor of ten.

Here's the rest:
Using special characters to refine searches
To require words: Type the plus symbol (+) before the words that must be in the search results. Typing +cell +roam +voicemail will return only answers that contain all three words.

To exclude words: Type the minus symbol (-) before words you don't want in the search results. Typing cell -biology will return answers that contain the first word but not the second.

To search with a wildcard: Type an asterisk (*) after the initial letters of a word to search for all words or terms that begin with those letters. Typing hand* will return answers containing handset, hands-free, handbook, hand-held, handshake, and handkerchief.

To search using synonyms: Type a tilde (~) before a word to search for answers containing that word as well as synonyms for the word. Typing account will return answers containing account, bill, and invoice.