GE Rx3i BEM331 and GBI001 Communication

Clear your PLC's I/O fault table. Then cycle power to the remote rack. See what new entries appear in the I/O fault table when you turn off the power to the rack and then what new entries appear when you re-apply power.
Also, make sure that %I82 and %I83 are both true. Those are the status bits from the BEM331 that indicate the presence of SBA drops 1 and 2.

Im not at site but confirm you tomorrow.
One thing i have observed that when i do power cycle.One time i got module mismatch.

Removed all card and Place AI at first slot and it is working fine.
Than add one DI.Everything works fine.

Than after that any further addition of card AI stop working again??

Sorry Steve.IO fault table was ok and status too.

Finally Its resolved now.Found one faulty base which was not faulty actually.It is working fine with DI but whenever i placed it in rack AIs stop working.

Once again, Thank you for the support :)

Maybe a bent pin or possible that you had the arrow in the base 180 out and it went together but wasn't correct. I was able to put one together without trouble by accident once. but glad to hear it was resolved and thanks for sharing..

Johnson you were right.I have found a bent pin.
Strange part that module was fine and even the next one was working fine.And only effect on AI and AO.

Now Everything on board :)

Hello, I am having the same issue here, are you saying without downloading the configuration to the remote controller, communication cannot be established with the BEM331

are you saying without downloading the configuration to the remote controller, communication cannot be established with the BEM331
You're reviving a 4 year old post that has 37 other entries. I'm not inclined to reread them all to see if my answer pertains to "the same issue".
Remote I/O drops with only discrete I/O modules are capable of self-configuring and may not need to have a configuration download from the programming software. I say 'may not' because I'm not sure if combination input/output modules can self-configure.
If your drop contains any analog I/O modules you will need to download a configuration.

Thanks, Steve. I am using IC693BEM331 which may be different from the IC694BEM331 to establish communication with GBI001 other than that it is a similar issue. There is an Analog Output card in the remote rack and I have tried the auto configuration but the BEM331 will not establish communication with the NIU. I may have to get the cable to download the configuration. Thanks for your input. Steve

Unsure If you are using a 9030 or a RX3i with a 9030 module if using the Rx3i making sure it is revision k I believe or better also.. but properly configuring in your project might be the way to go as GENIUS can be finicky sometimes. More information on your particular setup may yield better recommendations. I never had luck autoconfig but configuring in project and downloading config proper been flawless for many years...

Thank you guys, I am using RX3i with 90-30 modules. The auto Config worked but i am getting the cables anyway. I found the issue last night, while I was trying to test communication without all the cards installed in the carriers, the NIU did not like it. Once the auto config was done to clear the fault light, on attaching the serial cable, communication was established. It is working now, reading through your solutions from 4 years ago, really went a long way. Thanks Gentlemen.

One other thing to take Note the GBI like for a power cycle after clearing Faults for all lights green.. I found long ago..so I been doing it ever since..

I/O Enable GBI001

I am working on CPU350 with bus controller IC693BEM331. I also have a remote module GBI001. I tried to communicate the bus controller and GBI001. When I clear the fault table, the fault led on GBI001 turn off but the IO Enable led does not turn green. I have tried several times but IO Enable Light does not go Green.