hour counter instruction (rslogix 500

No worries, I guessed thats what had happened - anyway my post has sort of created a "secret handshake" - if the number of bits is MOD(8)=0, then the ranges should be -*8 and *7

cant_sleep.png

Lol ... I'm pinching that one !!

Use your existing S:4 bits(MicroLogix free running clock) to watch time for what value was when started. Do math to compare current value to when started to determine run hrs. Then have reset button reset captured start run time when started to compare to current. If not using micro logix I am sure there is an hr register in the status, can't verify right now, then use this plus day counter to add beyond 24 hrs.

Be sure to watch your logic and if you are in doubt be sure to put a math overflow error unlatch in LAD 0 to prevent from dumping your program if you exceed 32767 in any math/ timers/counters/etc. so you can go back and make corrections without dumping your plc everytime it errors out.

Dana thanks for that so is there a different was to do this then ?,
I have tried to add a data file (L) address but I can't find it in the drop sown list ? Ver 8.40 rslogix 500

Dana thanks for that so is there a different was to do this then ?,
I have tried to add a data file (L) address but I can't find it in the drop sown list ? Ver 8.40 rslogix 500

You must be offline to add a data table. Then, you must download the new file to the PLC. This will require that the machinery under control be stopped and the controller placed in program mode.

I recommend you go online first, stop the machine at a normal starting point or good place from which to capture a snapshot of the states. Save As, and upload all data tables. Then you can start teh machine back up and get it running. Go offline, make your edits, then download. When you are prompted to put the SLC/Micro in program mode, stop the machinery in that same good starting point before downloading your new code.

While you are offline, blow out the data tables and add a few spare program files to the extent your CPU memory will. Then in the future, you will have spare space of all possible types to pick from and you can online edit for years without interrupting a process.

Your ML1200 should allow you to choose the L data type, and your version of RSLogix is fine. Just in case, what version of RSLinx are you using and what series of Micrologix1200?

Last edited:
I use this program to monitor two pumps to determine if they run more or less in the rain, than without. I am very new to programming (still in school and working) and i want to know if there is a way to set up a registry for pump 1, pump 2, and a pump 1&2 total runtime. im using rslogix 500 pro with a micrologix 1200

I use this program to monitor two pumps to determine if they run more or less in the rain, than without. I am very new to programming (still in school and working) and i want to know if there is a way to set up a registry for pump 1, pump 2, and a pump 1&2 total runtime. im using rslogix 500 pro with a micrologix 1200

I suggest you start a new thread with your question.