DH+ & Factory Talk View ME

danielplcsnet

Hello everybody:

I'm trying to do a HMI application on Factory Talk View.

There is a system with a DH+ Net and there are 7 SLC's connected on this net, I'm using the 1784-U2DHP, I can view from the tree of RsLinx all devices (SLC's) connected, but when I want to do the shortcuts, I can't view these devices.

How can I view these devices??
Any Idea??

Sorry but my english is not very well!!

Regards!!

According to the RA Knowledgebase article 57929, RSLinx Enterprise cannot configure and run the 1784-U2DHP interface.

The simple workaround is to use a licensed copy of RSLinx Classic (the OEM license will do) and add RSLinx Classic to your FactoryTalk View Studio project as an OPC Server.

Rslinx Enterprise(different from RsLinx classic, Enterprise is what View Studio uses, hence the difference) does not support the 1784-U2DHP driver for use.
See knowledge base article 58963

As far as I know, If you want to browse to shortcuts you'll need a 1784-PKTX PCI card for the computer.

I doubt there are plans to do so.

DH+ connectivity from the desktop is fulfilled with RSLinx Classic, and from the PV+ terminals with the 2711-RN6 modules, so the technical demand is low. DH+ installed nodes are only decreasing over the years, so the commercial demand is low.

The argument I would make for it from a technical point of view is that RA could discontinue the 2711-RN6 if the PV+ and RSLinx Enterprise had a driver for the 1784-U2DHP (and the other USB interfaces). FTView 6 discontinues the RIO adapter and the ControlNet Scheduled adapter, which reduces the demand for the PCI-style DH+ and ControlNet interfaces.

The lower environmental ratings for a friction-plug USB device might be a problem.

I doubt there are plans to do so.

DH+ connectivity from the desktop is fulfilled with RSLinx Classic, and from the PV+ terminals with the 2711-RN6 modules, so the technical demand is low. DH+ installed nodes are only decreasing over the years, so the commercial demand is low.

The argument I would make for it from a technical point of view is that RA could discontinue the 2711-RN6 if the PV+ and RSLinx Enterprise had a driver for the 1784-U2DHP (and the other USB interfaces). FTView 6 discontinues the RIO adapter and the ControlNet Scheduled adapter, which reduces the demand for the PCI-style DH+ and ControlNet interfaces.

The lower environmental ratings for a friction-plug USB device might be a problem.

Ken

i thought pv plus RIO was done by using the RN6 Module so are you saying that it will not work with the new pv plus series and ft view 6?

I may be working from erroneous information; I was told about two years ago during development of the PV+ v6 that they were going to discontinue the RIO and ControlNet Scheduled mechanisms. Having learned the futility of asking about features before release, and not having RIO projects to build, I didn't follow this detail.

But everything I've read so far on v6 says that all the older communication modules are supported.