Factory Talk View ME HMI Template VBA/ActiveX/Faceplate Question

liberati

I may be barking up the wrong tree here.

I am using Factory Talk View ME 7.00.00

What I am trying to do is to design a standard look and feel to an HMI template that I may be using for multiple projects. What I would like to have is where I can make global objects and then write code so that if someone adds a new display the global object like a header/footer will automatically be placed. I have done some research and it looks as if you can't use VB in FT View Me edition. Then I started looking at activeX as a possible solution.

If anyone has any experience with either this issue or with the Factory Talk Me ActiveX modules I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Just a GreenHorn

Not a direct answer, but I've made global Header/Footer templates. Then made 1 display called "template" that only has the header and footer on it.

All new displays I copy the "template" and rename them, so they already have the header and footer.

If I edit the global header and footer, it edits it on all displays, including the template.

Yeah, that's the way I am currently doing it now. I was just wondering if there was a better more automated solution.

If I can't find anything out I will let everyone know though.

Hi
I am currently doing a header in ME in the same way with global objects. I have a problem with the position of the items in the header, ok you can modify the global objects' dimensions, colour etc. which will directly reflect their references, but what about the position of the references in the displays? If you want to move them around the position on the display is not referenced to the one in the global object?