You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old September 15th, 2018, 08:07 AM   #61
Archie
United States

Just when I thought a hurricane was my biggest concern for property damage this week, I was contacted by the local police saying there was an accident at a building I own:

https://thetandd.com/news/local/car-...c2571b.html#14

It is extremely fortunate that some new tenants that were supposed to move in on September 1st were delayed. It would have been very likely someone would have been inside and things much worst than just property damage.

AdvancedHMI - HMI Software without the license key hassles
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:01 PM   #62
BachPhi
United States

Officer , I was not drunk, the wind blew my car into the building.
Old September 16th, 2018, 07:52 AM   #63
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachPhi View Post
Officer , I was not drunk, the wind blew my car into the building.
.... the wind blew the building into my car
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old September 16th, 2018, 12:08 PM   #64
BachPhi
United States

Actually, it was like this:

Officer (High on Opiod and work on 15th hour shift: Thanks for correcting me that, I was putting "the wind blew the building into the car"

Hope that Archie carry Travelers and dont leave home without it.
Old September 17th, 2018, 07:54 AM   #65
travispedley
United States

We've been mopping the floors in the shop here in central NC for a few hours, lost some ceiling tiles to leaks, but all the machines are dry. Hopefully the rain will let up tonight.
Old September 17th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #66
Bering C Sparky
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Archie, looks like a great place to install a garage door now.

Glad the storm weakened and none of you (besides Archie) are reporting any big damage.

BCS

"I WANT MY LOGIX BACK"
Old September 17th, 2018, 02:12 PM   #67
geniusintraining
United States

I feel for the folks in NC on the coast... that would suck!
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Old September 17th, 2018, 02:15 PM   #68
Ron Beaufort
United States

here in Charleston we were totally blessed ... steady "rain" for a day or so - but it was pretty much just a drizzle ... winds didn't get up to more than 40-45 mph ...

so thankfully we're fine down here - all back to normal ...

2-B ?
Best regards, ----+----] [----+------------( )----
Ron | |
PLC Training Boot Camp | 2-B |
+----]/[----+

I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Old October 9th, 2018, 02:51 PM   #69
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Beaufort View Post
here in Charleston we were totally blessed ... steady "rain" for a day or so - but it was pretty much just a drizzle ... winds didn't get up to more than 40-45 mph ...

so thankfully we're fine down here - all back to normal ...
Are you staying home again Ron? I think your going to get the wind again....

Hope everyone in Florida is ready!

Best of luck and stay safe
Old October 9th, 2018, 03:44 PM   #70
Ron Beaufort
United States

Quote:
Are you staying home again Ron? I think your going to get the wind again....
yep - unless something changes we'll sit this one out ... as near as we can tell (so far), it looks like old Michael will wear itself out by the time it travels overland to reach us here in Charleston ...

2-B ?
Best regards, ----+----] [----+------------( )----
Ron | |
PLC Training Boot Camp | 2-B |
+----]/[----+

I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Old October 10th, 2018, 03:45 AM   #71
uptown47
United Kingdom

I know that parts of the States regularly suffer hurricanes and the like but it certainly "seems" like there are a lot more extreme weather phenomena happening this year than usual.

Between floods / fires / hurricanes etc?

Is this a real perception based on peoples real experiences who live in these places? Or is this just because our news channels in the UK are focussing on it more?
Old October 10th, 2018, 04:59 AM   #72
Geospark
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown47
I know that parts of the States regularly suffer hurricanes and the like but it certainly "seems" like there are a lot more extreme weather phenomena happening this year than usual.

Between floods / fires / hurricanes etc?

Is this a real perception based on peoples real experiences who live in these places? Or is this just because our news channels in the UK are focussing on it more?
I can't speak for the folks Stateside but yes, on the East Atlantic side we are definitely more focused on it, but there is good reason to be. I posted this back on Page 3 of this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geospark
...Global warming "experts" are suggesting that this phenomenon, of storms retaining there cyclonic structure and power as they drift east across the Atlantic towards Europe, will become more frequent. I do hope they are incorrect, but it's hard to ignore certain facts which do facilitate this occurring more frequently in the future. For instance, notably warmer Atlantic sea temperatures and sea air which have also been detected more easterly than before. This has resulted in a more easterly centric origin for many of these tropical cyclones. Coupled also with the detection of less wind shear they say that these factors primarily aided Ophelia in maintaining hurricane strength winds so far east. Historically these hurricane strength winds would normally have abated long before they would hit more easterly European shores. I can see merit in their reasoning but one storm is only one statistical data point. If we can say it's been roughly 50 years since the last major event here then let's see how long before the next...
Unfortunately, and similar to Ron's reawakening of this thread, one year later we likewise are potentially facing another Red Alert weather event heading our way this Friday - Storm "Callum"...

It hasn't been officially named that yet as the system is still building in the Atlantic, but we're currently on Yellow Alert for Thursday night/Friday morning. Again, 150mph winds expected but they predict only off our West Coast - we're to the South East. But the track could change as we all know and then we're into Red Alert. Temperatures here today are up to 21C for October which is very unusual for this time of year. It's only predicted to be a Storm level event, but still it's serious enough for us to be seeing another event so soon after Hurricane Ophelia.

I've also read today that there's also the potential for the remains of Hurricane Leslie to track down from the North after Storm Callum, hitting us on Saturday. But that predictive model is not certain enough yet and if it does hit us, it's expected to be "only" Storm level at most as well.

My concern is how long might it be before these large Atlantic systems stop abating to Storm levels before hitting European shores? What if they start rising more and more Easterly, hitting us at full ferocity?

That's now only 1 year between the last 2 statistical data points for us, compared to 50 years between the last 2 major weather events. The signs are not good, not good at all.

Regards,
George
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:06 AM   #73
uptown47
United Kingdom

That is scary stuff George. I really hope the world can pull together and listen to the scientists for once in order to try and change our climatic course.

Unfortunately age and cynicism tells me that world leaders will bicker and argue whilst the world burns and by the time they decide to do something it will be far too late.

I really hope I'm proven wrong.
Old October 10th, 2018, 06:00 AM   #74
geniusintraining
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown47 View Post

I really hope I'm proven wrong.
Myself included... by the time they pull their head out of their a$$ it will be to late, the World has always gone through changes but the ones in the past were not caused by us, I dont get the argument that the climate changes are not real... even if they are not why would you not want to make the World a better place and leave it in better condition then you came into it?

This is a neat site, they have every hurricane logged https://coast.noaa.gov/hurricanes/
Old October 10th, 2018, 06:19 AM   #75
uptown47
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusintraining View Post
I dont get the argument that the climate changes are not real... even if they are not why would you not want to make the World a better place and leave it in better condition then you came into it?
Very very true!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum