You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 10th, 2018, 03:27 PM   #1
Randy123
United States

RS Linx is unavailable

Hi I am trying to upload a file from a panelview 1000 over the network using panelbuilder 32 and it only gives me the option to use DF1 drivers. When I go into Workstation Setup it tells me that RSLinx is unavailable. I am using Panelbuilder32 version 3.83.01, RSLinx Classic version 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR1, on a Win 7 32 bit platform. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old October 10th, 2018, 04:12 PM   #2
MikeyN
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I tried duplicating the problem you are having with no success. No matter what I did, RSLinx opened itself automatically and connected. Is RSLinx opening at all for you? I am running PanelBuilder32 3.83.01 (Build 7), RSLinx Classic Lite 3.51.01 CPR 9 SR 5.1 on an XP virtual Machine.

The stock answer is to reboot the machine, see if it comes back. You can try running RSLinx as a service, or upgrade your version of RSLinx.
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:06 PM   #3
Randy123
United States

Yes RSLinx will open for me. I will try to reboot the pc tomorrow when I get back into the office and post the results.
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:32 PM   #4
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

If you really truly can't get it going, the PanelView 1000 terminal should support a flash card for backing up the application.

Terminals with v3.0 or higher firmware support "ATA Flash", which includes CompactFlash cards in a PCMCIA Type II carrier. They need to be formatted for FAT16 formatting, which means they need to be 2 GB or smaller.

I think that all PanelView Standard 1000 terminals will have v3.x firmware; they came long enough after the classic PanelView Standard 900 and 550 that I don't think they were ever shipped with v1 or v2.
Old October 11th, 2018, 11:07 AM   #5
Randy123
United States

I rebooted the pc with no luck.
I updated the rslinx to version 3.9, and now I get an error message: WinPFT Execption Error (1091) - The version of RSLinx available on this machine needs to be updated: Current version 4.00, Minimum Required Version 2.20.
I will add that I am using RDC to access this PC.
Old October 11th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #6
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

There's an old bug/issue with the way RSLinx Classic interacts with the desktop when you're using Remote Desktop Protocol. It might be related to what's going on with your computer.

But now that you've done an upgrade to RSLinx 3.9, it looks like the old WinPFT file transfer utility is not recognizing it. Not too surprising; there's a decade between them.

At this point, copying the project off the terminal using removable media may be your only option.
Old October 11th, 2018, 03:22 PM   #7
Randy123
United States

Thanks Ken, that is what I had to do.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum