Unity Pro and Vijeo Designer

jara

Hello everybody.

I would like to know if is possible the simulation between the sotfware Unity Pro (PLC) and Vijeo Designer (HMI).
The Unity Pro has PLC simulation , and I can prove my program, but I don´t know if is possible like Siemens, prove both programs.
I read the information of PLC Simulation but I don´t found nothing about it.

Thank you

Just create a ethernet connection on your plc in unity and also a modbus tcp/ip connection on the hmi side. Enter the plc ip 127.0.0.1 at the hmi config of the plc and it should communicate

Just create a ethernet connection on your plc in unity and also a modbus tcp/ip connection on the hmi side. Enter the plc ip 127.0.0.1 at the hmi config of the plc and it should communicate

I´ve been trying, but I guess I'm doing something wrong because I can´t communicate.

If you can check if I understand well configuration.

I put this screnshot

Comunication Unity and Vijeo 1.JPG Comunication Unity and Vijeo 2.JPG

Is there a timeout setting in Vijeo? The first response from the simulator can be almost 10seconds. After that - the pump seems to be primed - so for me all comms run smoothly after the first one.

Is there a timeout setting in Vijeo? The first response from the simulator can be almost 10seconds. After that - the pump seems to be primed - so for me all comms run smoothly after the first one.

I try to change timeout in Vijeo to 10,20 and 1 min. but I get the following notice. The specific adress is not valid (equipmodbus).
So when I press the button another notice "attempt operation of E / S (write) on read-only

any suggestion is welcome.

Sounds like you have connectivity? Is this an addressing issue - are you referencing the correct registers? Can you post your Unity file, and list a couple of the registers you would like access to? I can try here if you would like.

I have Unity Pro so that's all set, but I don't have Vijeo Designer installed. But If I can get to the registers you want over Modbus in you file, then we know the problem is with Vijeo designer. If I can't the problem lies elsewhere.

If you prefer, PM me: [email protected].

Sounds like you have connectivity? Is this an addressing issue - are you referencing the correct registers? Can you post your Unity file, and list a couple of the registers you would like access to? I can try here if you would like.

I have Unity Pro so that's all set, but I don't have Vijeo Designer installed. But If I can get to the registers you want over Modbus in you file, then we know the problem is with Vijeo designer. If I can't the problem lies elsewhere.

If you prefer, PM me: [email protected].

Thank You MR.Robertkjonesjr
You are right!!!
The problems is the address! I try to see my outputs, I have the following address %OW0.2.0:X0 but don´t work, so I try Linking the variables with the PLC, but don´t work. The Problem is in Vijeo
If you can see the screenshots

How I can address the Inputs and Outputs in Vijeo?

Thanks very gratefull to all people this forum

Comunication Unity and Vijeo 3.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't know, if at all, how those device addresses are mapped into standard Modbus commands and addresses. I perused the documentation, but I could not find much. One solution (not attractive if you are already done...) is to map all I/O into contiguous standard %MW or %M blocks. For instance I do the mapping dance with CompactLogix since IO is asynchronous to processor scan... first subroutine is always copy over IO to local variables as a buffer. In this step (or the last step - copy over outputs at end) I would then prep my data for remote access... such as through an HMI. Maybe someone else more familiar with the particulars of Schneider ModbusTCP addressing can help.

Thanks again!
That's what I've done
I read the help files but I can´t found nothing
But now I have the curiosity how is possible!
I hope someone can answer me

You must copy your analaogue inputs and outputs(%iw and %qw) to %mw and then use the %mw to your hmi. Also I dont understand what you are doing using bits from a analogue reading(%qw0.2.0:x0) Why do you want to display only a bit of an analogue value?

You must copy your analaogue inputs and outputs(%iw and %qw) to %mw and then use the %mw to your hmi.

Ok! Now I know that

Also I dont understand what you are doing using bits from a analogue reading(%qw0.2.0:x0) Why do you want to display only a bit of an analogue value?

I don´t want display only a bit of an analogue value.
I was trying display only a bit of digital output.
I don´t knew that (%qw0.2.0:x0) is a bit of an analogue value!!!
I thougt that those was a digital value!
Thanks!!!

I´ve been trying, but I guess I'm doing something wrong because I can´t communicate.

If you can check if I understand well configuration.

I put this screnshot

Thanks for those Screenshots - I've been trying to get the Simulators communicating all week, got it going now! Thanks!

Having a similar problem, but I can't seem to adjust the IP in Vijeo as the IP is greyed out and in Unity it wont accept the Ethernet settings as above. Any suggestions gratefully received!