Addressing inputs/outputs in SLC500

rbyrne

I was looking for some help with Allen Bradley's I/O addressing scheme for the SLC-500.

I'd like to know how the address format when multiple racks are being used. I already know the format for single-rack systems,

ie:

I:x.y/z (I could be O in the case of an output card)

where:

x=slot number
y=word number (I often omit this because I rarely use more than 16 inputs at school)
z=bit (terminal) number

I've looked at AB's Addressing Reference, but multiple rack addressing isn't explained.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Byrne

Hope this helps
SLOTS.jpg

Similar Topics

I have a whole bunch of analog inputs that I need to scale to process values. Using JMP and LBL can I use indirect addressing to cycle through all...
Replies
Views
I am very new to Modbus and the industry, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious. I have known Modbus register addresses coming from a...
Replies
Views
I have a system using Rx3I CRU320 redundant CPU with Proficy Machine Edition Software. In the hardware configuration of each CPU module, under...
Replies
Views
See the screenshot of EIP tag list. We are trying to read in a digital input that is hard-wired. It is shown here as I31.1. I believe we cannot...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a Simatic SM374 (374-sxh01-0aa0) sim module. I am using TIA portal v.18. I can't find this module in my list of hardware devices...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom