Selling on ebay, easy/hard, hassle?

bright676

I realize that there is a spot on this forum to sell, but I am wondering where is the best site to sell PLC items. I have bought from Ebay many times and have not been stuck yet.

I have never tried selling on Ebay as it kind of looks like a hassle. Plus I dont know how to accept a credit card payment. I dont know how to accept PayPal or figure out shipping. All I have done is make a inventory on Excel.

I came across an incredible deal on a Control Logix 5561 in a 10 slot rack and 13 slot expansion rack full of analog and other cards, cables, power supplies, comm bridges ect. I did a new retail cost and it came to $49,800.00 new. A PVP plus also came with it.

If you were to come across a deal like this what would you do with it? I do not have RS 5000.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thay you.

Ebay is not really a hassle.
It is best if you set up a Paypal account. Payments are easier to handle.

To sell a lot of parts you may need a seller account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8ppdQeesg

You can also sell PLC parts on plcs.net, but I do not know how popular it is.. I never see much for sell there...
http://www.plcs.net/cgibin/auction/auction.cgi?category=***********

Last edited:
bright676 said:
I came across an incredible deal on a Control Logix 5561 in a 10 slot rack and 13 slot expansion rack full of analog and other cards, cables, power supplies, comm bridges ect. I did a new retail cost and it came to $49,800.00 new. A PVP plus also came with it.

Its a piece of cake... since you have bought from there do you have a paypal account? ebay has made it easy, we also buy from a lot of members here that dont want to deal with it, login and click on sell.

Note: your 49k dollar CLX is not worth anything close to that

The easiest way to check the price is log into ebay... enter the part number and search, on the top right change the 'sort' from 'Best Match' to 'lowest'.... then change 'location' from default to 'US Only' then scroll down and you will see what you can get, a 5561 (1756-L61) series B will get you about 300.00 if its a A then your looking at about 250.00 or less.

The price also depends on your feedback, if you have a lot and its all positive (99% greater) you will get a little more, I have almost 15,000 https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=plc_trainer

If you need help let me know...

NetNathan said:
You can also sell PLC parts on plcs.net, but I do not know how popular it is.. I never see much for sell there

I wish Phil would make it flash if there was a item for sale... He should charge 3% if your item sells and take over the ebay monopoly... I will run it for him :)

Yes I know that it is not worth that, that why I said retail, I would be happy getting a small fraction of that. I know how it works.

Yes I know that it is not worth that, that why I said retail, I would be happy getting a small fraction of that. I know how it works.

If you know how it works then why are you asking.

I use Ebay to sell electronic items all the time. PayPal is the best method for payment. Pricing all depends on manufacturer, product series, new or used, and condition.

My best sales come from AB hardware in original packaging and factory sealed items, "NOS".

Good Luck
Sydney

By meaning I know how it works means you make a offer, I make a offer , and so forth until a price is agreed upon.

By meaning I know how it works means you make a offer, I make a offer , and so forth until a price is agreed upon.

I’ve used eBay a lot, and I ALWAYS try to avoid items and the sellers if the item is up for bid. If there is no “buy it now price” or I feel the price is too high, I just move on.

I feel Bidding on eBay is left for comic books and sports cards.

Last edited:
Ebay Info

Not knowing how much you use Ebay or that this would be your first sale on Ebay, in my opinion you could start with "Buy It Now" and list it a few times if it doesn't sell. Ebay will suggest a new price, after first relisting, when you relist. Then if your item still doesn't sell you could list it in an action and come up with a starting price that you can live with.

I only sell items in action as a last resort, most items sell within one or two listings.

The key to selling anything on Ebay is good pictures, describing condition, and pricing.

Sydney

geniusintraining; I wish Phil would make it flash if there was a item for sale... He should charge 3% if your item sells and take over the ebay monopoly... I will run it for him :)[/QUOTE said:
I would certainly take part in this. Might be a big job Mark.