Rx3i DNP3 point push feature (EDS001)

2Faced

Has anyone ever used the point push feature of the EDS001 (Rx3i DNP3 module) ? Below is what I found from its instruction manual:

"Point Push is a DNP3 Outstation feature used to manually enter DNP3 point data, date and time, and/or flags information into the internal database of the EDS001 module. This feature is available in either SOE mode, or NON SOE Mode. It can be used to interface a PLC to an SOE or record-based system (local or remote) so that records containing information from the source can be transferred to the EDS001.
Point Push works by specifying a CPU memory interface region for the EDS001 to monitor. The memory space specified is formatted with a custom record format that will be used by the EDS001 to accept point push records"

For DNP communication from the Rx3i to the RTU, I map the %M variables to the DNP3 module using a script. However the time stamp can't meet the 1ms accuracy due to the digital input module response time (8ms) and the CPU sweep time (17ms). There is a guideline on GE IP website talking about timestamping to 1ms accuracy, but it requires additional hardware which is kind of late to get at this stage.

My question is, can we use the point push feature to put the wanted data directly to the DNP3 module thus eliminate the delay causes by CPU sweep time ? If yes, where should I start ? Any hints or links to reference documents would be appreciated.
Thank you.