Micrologix 1200 fault

jglass

I have a Microligix 1200 BWA(about 5 years old) with the fault light "ON". The Green "ON" light is also lit which indicates the PLC is not dead. No changes were made to the program. All I was doing was replacing microswitch input with sensors. The PLC had not been powered up for nearly a year.

I was able to download a new program and reset the fault. 30 minutes later, the PLC returns to the fault state. I repeated this 3 times, now the PLC will not communicate with my laptop so the fault cannot be reset.

Was is up with this PLC? Can it be corrected? Should the PLC be replaced.

Any ideas appreciated
Jim Glass
Genoa Ill.

It has been 2 weeks since I played with this thing. As I recall, Communications were re-established and another program from the laptop downloaded. It was not possible to view the faulted program. I did need to switch from the faulted mode to run mode after downloading.

Thanks
Jim

If it happens again, go online with the processor before downloading a new program and look in the status file to find out what the offending fault was.