DIN rail mount unmanaged ethernet switch

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know of a DIN rail mount 4 or 5 port 10Mb unmanaged ethernet switch in the $100 USD range?

Phoenix Contact wants $400 for theirs.

Temperature in the panel in < 95°F, so high temperature is not an issue, but 24Vdc screw terminal power and DIN rail mounting is.

Dan

$400 for an unmanaged switch? Nuts.

Check out B&B Electronics, Woodhead, Weidmueller, Hirschmann, Moxa. You may get $100 or close with good vendor discount; otherwise expect something like $150 - $160. Darn, even Beckhoff offers an inexpensive switch these days, although its form factor is different from those mentioned above.

You must be looking at something other than the unmanaged switch or talking to a very unreputable distributor.

The Phoenix [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FL SWITCH SFN 5TX has a list price of $99.00

It is a DIN rail mount, 24VDC Supply, metal housing 5 port 10/100 Switch with auto-cross over detect.

[/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]More Info at:
http://www.phoenixcon.com/sfn/?bb=1

<disclaimer> I work for a Phoenix Contact Distributor.
[/font]

I think you were quoted the FL SWITCH 5TX which has a $399 list price. It has inputs for redundant power supplies, an extended temperature range and an alarm output.

I use N-tron myself.

If you are feeling cheap, then drop by the local computer shop and pick up a small Linksys or similar brand home network switch and wire tie it to the din rail. Remind yourself that you made the decision to live with it. If that's not acceptable, then pay the money for an industrial unit.

ndzied1 said:
The Phoenix [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FL SWITCH SFN 5TX has a list price of $99.00

It is a DIN rail mount, 24VDC Supply, metal housing 5 port 10/100 Switch with auto-cross over detect.
[/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/font]

Now you got me interested... :)

I will have to check that out too. Ive been trying to find some for cheap, and about 260 is as cheap as ive found. Our phenoix vendor quoted us 399 for the 5 port unmanaged as well. Ill get that new # to them. So far, ive been using standard commercial switches with 2 sticky backs and 2 zip ties and sticking them to the side of the panel. And, at 7.99, who cares? ;) Never had one fail either, and these are in heat treats with ******t over 100 not uncommon.

matt

If they have trouble searching with [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FL SWITCH SFN 5TX[/font], the Phoenix part number for the switch is 2832085.

and these are in heat treats with ******t over 100 not uncommon.

We really do need to have Phil remove a-m-b-i-e-n from the word filter. Usage of the word a-m-b-i-e-n-t is frequently necessary for discussing the trade.

JesperMP said:
The 5-port MOXA switch cost me 120 Euro. No frills, worked well.
5 Port Unmanaged MOXA EDS205 for about $99.00 US.
Never had an issue with it.
We also used the 5 port Hirschmann Spider 5TX which was about 50% more for it.