Scammers on Ebay

Archie

This is the first time I noticed it, but I now see the scammers are listing PLC hardware. I'm sure the ads will be gone fairly quick, but if you search this:

ALLEN BRADLEY 1756-L63B

You will see ads where they want you to email them directly using an address in the item description. This leads to an "ebay invoice" payable through Western Union. One dead give away is that the description with the email is an image and not text. If you try to select the text, it will not highlight.

So for everyone that buys through Ebay, please be cautious of these scammers. Never buy anything from Ebay using Western Union or Moneygram.

The ads I referred to above have been since removed. It's good to see Ebay can get them removed within 24 hours. Unfortunately that is all the time a scammer needs to get money from unsuspecting victims.

Must have just been recently, because 1 hour ago I looked and noticed them. There must have been 10 listings, same person, same bid amount, same image of text rather than text written out.

Scary thing is the guy had a 99.7% positive feedback over a few years. There were a few negative comments about poor quality merchandise, but it was almost all about used/fake jewelry. While the feedback was high, he definitely didn't have a large hardware selling history.

Must have just been recently, because 1 hour ago I looked and noticed them. There must have been 10 listings, same person, same bid amount, same image of text rather than text written out.

Scary thing is the guy had a 99.7% positive feedback over a few years. There were a few negative comments about poor quality merchandise, but it was almost all about used/fake jewelry. While the feedback was high, he definitely didn't have a large hardware selling history.
The scammers hijack an established user account by getting their password. That is why they do not want you to contact them through EBay. It's also a give away of a scam when the items for sale are far from typical of the seller's typical items

It happens a LOT

I have bought and sold a ton on eBay... I have also been scammed a few times, I take bank transfers and Money orders etc, but I only pay via paypal

I once paid 600.00 for a brick, yes a red brick... I paid for a 1768-ENBT factory sealed

I have a few good stories, the same seller had a fluke camera for 2,000, I reported them to eBay when I saw the listing this morning... hope it helped

I have also had my password stollen, they have fake websites that look just like the eBay log in page

It happens a LOT

I have bought and sold a ton on eBay... I have also been scammed a few times, I take bank transfers and Money orders etc, but I only pay via paypal

I once paid 600.00 for a brick, yes a red brick... I paid for a 1768-ENBT factory sealed

Genius
I have several bridges for sale. Since they are modular they can be disassembled for shipping. Your choice of bridge and YOU are responsible for disassembly and transport.

Dan Bentler

Hi Dan,

With the rain you are getting in WA I would of thought you would be selling a washed out bridge :eek:

It looks like a few are getting dismantled for free.... just need to find the parts down stream

The only "bridge washout" I know of was a culvert on Kitsap Penninsula. Granted it stranded 200 and was an event for the media.

Other than that no bridge parts in the cricks.

Dan Bentler

Overall I would say that I have had good experiences on ebay, of course I have never ended up with a red brick either,............lol
I think I have only gotten scammed 3 times, once was for a ab chassis and processor, I won the auction and made my paypal payment, and waited but didn't receive a shipping confirmation, I emailed the seller, and she started giving me a song and dance routine, about how my stuff was locked in her storage unit, and she had, had a fight with her bf, and he stormed off with the keys, luckily I filed a complaint while my money was still in paypal, so I got it all back.