error message when PVP screen startup

jugenzhu1963

Hi

I have a problem with PVP screen. After I download the mer file during the screen start up there is message pup up said "there is unsupported communication protocol. Do you want to continue?" If I hit yes screen can start normally. But every time screen restart this message will pup up again. This happened on screen with firmware version 8. I also noticed under network and communication section there is LDAP configuration protocol that is not showed in version 7. Is this the problem? How can I fix it. I called AB and the guy let me setup the LDAP or reset the screen to factory default. I don't have this problem on screen with firmware before 8. Hope someone here can help me out on this issue.

Are you using any Kepware drivers, or anything unusual to an A-B controller ?

Which controller(s) are you communicating with ?

Which exact model of PanelView Plus is this ?

The screen communicate with ML 1400 Plc only with Ethernet driver. There is no Kepware driver setup. Screen is panelview plus 6. Part number is 2711P-T6C20D8.