Cannot delete function block from Proficy Machine Edition 8.6

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have a project that is giving me some issues. I was experimenting with using the TOTALIZE function block in a project, and it never worked so I made my own block; I cannot find any instance of TOTALIZE being used anywhere in my code. Despite that, I cannot seem to delete the block from my Program Blocks. I've tried online and office, with the PLC as active target and not, but no avail. I can't validate the code because I get an error saying "Error 12531: Function Block 'TOTALIZE' is not licensed for use on this system". In Companion it says that you can get around this error by deleting the function block from the project, but it's literally not letting me. Any ideas for how I can get unstuck? Thanks!

Finally figured it out. Apparently some function blocks require a register and the data type will be that function block. So I went into the Variables list, sorted by function block, and found several "TOTALIZE" variables that weren't being used, but were still in the project. Deleting those then allowed me to delete the TOTALIZE block from the project. God, that was annoying.

Thanks for the help!