Help Setting up quantum PLC to network

Hello:

I have a system of remote PLC's communicating back to a central SCADA PC via leased telephone lines. The SCADA host is running Intouch 9.5 with an SA85 MB+ card.

Each remote location is a Modicon 984 PLC and a DDS modem connected to the MB port. Each remote location has a corresponding DDS modem connected to a BM85 at the central monitoring location which is then polled by the SCADA Host.

A new facility with a Quantum processor has been recently completed and I need to integrate this to the SCADA System.
I have two the DDS modems and there is a leased line between locations. The modems do see each other (tested with loop pattern test). I am confident the InTouch topic and access names are correct. I am pretty sure the BM85 is configured correctly.

There are a few things I am not sure about:

1. The pinout from the Quantum modbus port (9pin) and the modem (25pin). Why? Because when I checked the pinout of existing cables (984 modbus to modem) it seems to be different then what the Quantum help docs suggest. (Modem is Telenetics DSS/MR64) Any ideas!!

2. Does Bridge Mode need to be checked in the modbus tab for the Quantum CPU configuration

3. The Quantum is programmed with Unity Pro and uses IEC. What is the mapping for the %MW, %IW etc etc to modubs registers? Is the maping 5 digit or 6 digit.

Please help. I've been struggling with this for too long now and am at the point of second guessing myself at every turn and likely over thinking it.