Servo motors

laci1

L
Hi to All,

Need offer for solution and manufacturer name.
I like to found a solution to drive 5 servo motors for a glue insert machine.

Two motors have to work in an "x", "y" table and have to make
different forms like square, circle an more kind of forms not only exact
geometry things. To program the form has to be as simple as possible.

The other three motors work in "z" direction and need to be contact with the
speed of the "x", "y" forming to have the same same speed always like for
example in the corner of square where the speed goes to 0 also have to
make slow the "z" speed.

The Omron offer for this solution's price is expensive so I have to found
other solution. Thanks in advance if you have an idea about it.

Thanks in advance if you have idea about.
Best regards,
Laci1

If you need to make circles you must have a simple CNC controller.

Rest of the axis should be working as a slave or "follow" axis which is supported by most of controllers.
For reliable cheap digital drives look at Indramat EcoDrives.
They have motion controller built-in and variety communication interfaces.

Lacy:

I don't think I understood your application completely, however it is pretty clear that you are talking about some kind of coordinated motion here, like camming, following etc.

I don't know what configuration was quoted by Omron but, given the complexity of the task, you should not expect the solution to be much cheaper. You need a motion controller capable of interpolationg several servo axes. I also assume that you would like the controller to process the I/O and the sequence of operation, i.e. to be a PLC.

My personal choice for an application like that would be Yaskawa's MP series, although it is not widespread. Some advanced motion functionality can be done with Allen-Bradley's ControlLogix (although I don't think this one will come cheap).

A CNC will not be in the cheap category either...

There is also a huge choice of PC-based solutions.

Hi Laci1,

Please give details on your project !

Are your three "z" axis independent ? Do their individual speeds only reflect the composite speed of interpolated x-y ? Glue flow rate in fact or other movement ? Is there any 3rd interpolated axis ? Which is the relationship between several "z" axis since they are all three called "z" ? How do you want your drives to be driven (network, analog, CW-CCW pulses)? How many pass points per profile to be introduced or "learned" by your PLC ? Where are those coordinates coming from (CAM software, files, hand made calculations) ?

Don't forget to provide some informations about your speed/position/acceleration values plus timing charts.

Depending on the way your axis are grouped, low cost solutions can be determined. But what about controler's cost versus motors and drives costs ? Not to mention training, software design, tests, tuning-up and general engineering. So what means less expensive ? -2% or -50% your actual price of what ?

Laurent

There are a wide number of co-ordinated or point to point controlers, the big cost factor is co-ordinated motion, lines in x or y are low cost, as is point to point is you dont care where you are whist in motion.

But if you want smooth curves, arcs or other shapes, I would look at a small Mc controller from either Trio in UK or Emerson is USA, they will drive any servo package (0-10V) and have a free cad to motion designer.

Also only go co-orinated motion on axis you have to, simple motion on vertical axis after the table is in place will reduce the cost significantly.

These will also let you do your I/o in the motion controller.

The CNC option will generally be far more expensive than a motion controller.

Re: Ladder Diagram Drawing

Hello All,
Thank You All for your answer as to Contr_Conn, to LadderLogic,
to Laurent and to xrf123

The companies that you wrote help me a lot .
Like "Indramat EcoDrives" but do not find yet but will look for this too.
Yaskawa's MP series, Allen-Bradley's ControlLogix.
As Trio in UK or Emerson is USA.
I also think that CNC solution for this project is too
complex and and quite big.

I take a chance and give here my e-mail address to have yours and will
send more specification what I need to have in this project.
[email protected]

Some more description:
Two of the three "z" axis add or insert two different glues to the "x",
"y" table. The third "z" moves down together the "z1" and "z2"/
Because the quantity can be different the different number of turning they
have to finish in the same time.
As the glue start to come out by "z2" and "z3" the "x" "y" table have to
move also and have to finish the shape in the same time as "z2" and "z2"/
Problem is that in different places of the different shape the momentary
speed is different and if we not change the speed of "z2" and "z3"
the glue will not equal in the different places of the shape.
that is why have to interpolate the "x" "y" table and the "z2" and "z3"
I have to program it that the costumer can program easily the forms and
the speeds.

Best regards,
Laci1 (Laszlo)