Windows 7 and 10 With RSLogix 5.5

CaspianSage

FYI: don't know if any of you are aware of this so this is just an FYI

In spite of what we are told, RS Logix 5.5 and RS Linx Factory Talk 2.57 will install and run just fine on Windows 7 and 10

The first attempt to install will fail but MS pops up a message asking if you want to install in compatibility mode. Answer yes and it installs and runs fine.

I am thinking this now works due to an update to the OS because I never got the prompt when I tried to install it before.

Obviously this is a huge deal for those of us in Legacy Land... But DONT Transfer the Key using the EMOVECF with WIN 10, it will destroy it. Leave it on a USB stick or drive.

Last edited: