Panelview Plus parameter file

geofftheelectrician

Lifetime Supporting Member
I’ve got an application where I’m using a go to display button to pull up a screen to access motor setup functions for multiple motors. I’ve got my PLC program setup using UDTs for my motor commands & functions. I then setup my parameter file #1 to point to the UDT data type. Then if I’m looking at controlling MotorA, MotorB, MotorC or MotorD the parameter file points to that data type. The issue I have is I want to be able to have visibility capability to hide the control of one of the functions for only one of the motors but otherwise have full control of all motors.

For example, I would have start, stop, forward and reverse controls for all motors except MotorB. That motor I would only want forward control so I would only show the start and stop buttons and high the forward, reverse selector.

I think I want to force a bit on when I access the screen for MotorB which would enable the visibility but I can’t figure how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I do the same thing - my motor AOI's have a "ReverseEnable" tag, which (a) allows the motor to be run in reverse, and (b) hides the controls for it if the tag is not set to 1.

There's probably a tricky way to do it at the PVP level, but by the time you work out a solution I've already updated your UDT to include the tag, gone to lunch, and told a passing stranger how my solution is now applicable to any HMI or SCADA platform, not just the PVP 🍻

Thanks ASF, I was thinking of something along those lines of having a bit permanently set in the PLC. Someone here made a comment of using the parameter file to set that bit when I loaded the pop up screen and that led me down the path building a Ferrari when all I needed was a Smart car. Cheers 🍻

I would make two memory tags; TRUE and FALSE. Set the initial value of the tags where TRUE=1 and FALSE=0. Then add a visibility parameter for your object that needs to change according to selection and set it to TRUE or FALSE.

This method will also allow you to hide your GOTO Display Buttons for each motor selection. If you leave the GOTO buttons visible and press the one for the current screen that's open you will get a diagnostic error message.

So add a visibility parameter for all 4 motors display button. Set the current selection to FALSE and the other 3 selections to TRUE.