Set up a Communication between Vijeo Designer and RSlogix 500

Yisus

Hi guys
I´m looking for your help. I need to Set up a communication between Vijeo Designer and RSlogix 500, but I don´t know how. I found that I need a OPC server, so I´m downloading Kepserver to do that. could you help me?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hola chicos
Necesito de su ayuda. Necesito establece una comunicación entre Vijeo Designer y Rslogix 500, pero no se como. Encontré que necesito un servidor OPC, asi que estoy descargando Kepserver para hacer eso, ¿Me podrían ayudar?

Last edited:
RSLogix 500 is the programming package for a range of PLCs from Rockwell. What hardware are you using?

I assume by Vijeo designer you mean a little HMI panel?

Please confirm and provide extra detail on your set up

I don´t have any hardware, all this is simulate

I dont think you need OPC server. I remember in the past using micrologix with Magelis panels using DF1. Simultaion also worked with no problems using the usual AB serial programming cable.

Thanks for your reply grnick50 but all this is in my computer, I want to set up a emulated communication in my computer...

Sorry if it's hard to get what I'm trying to say but I don't speak English

I understand what your saying and I can confirm that using protocol DF1 you can connect your PC (with Vijeo) to the PLC and emulate the HMI.
You need to have the PLC.

I think you should find pinky's butt, they are lost
search

you mean how to connect vijeo designer with rslogix through opc :confused::eek: or maybe you want to find the nalgas de pinky :p

The only sense I can make out of this is that you are trying to link a Vijeo Designer project to an RSLogix 500 project in order to share variables for development?

If so, there is a variable linking feature in Vijeo Designer which I have used before. I've actually just recently finished a project which uses a CompactLogix L16ER and a Schneider Magelis HMI using the Native EtherNet/IP driver, but I've also used these HMI with MicroLogix 1400 controllers using the DF1 driver.

If this what you're attempting then let me know.

If you are actually trying to run both projects in a simulated or emulated fashion then no, this is not possible. Vijeo Designer does simulation without hardware, but RSLogix 500 does not.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Hello,
I have been trying to figure out how to link SLC 500 variables to a Vijeo Designer.

I have done this before linking Compact Logic variables by saving the PLC project as an (.L5K) file then linking the L5K file into Vijeo.

Is there a way to link SLC 500 variables into Vijeo?

I appreciate the help