Beckhoff TwinCat

Jon R

Has any one here had a problem running TwinCat on a HP PC or Laptop?

I have been told it is due to the modifications that HP make in their OEM version of XP Pro., which clash with the TwinCat System Manager as this sits at the OS system level and not on top of the OS.

Jon.

I have HP NC6320 Laptop and Twincat is running perfectly.
I did notice that some siemens software do something to the system. Then Twincat cannot be installed as he see that windows have some unfinshed jobs with some installation/uninstallation procedure. The Twincat trys to restart system and this is going in the circle! Solution is to unninstall this siemens software, install twincat and again siemens.

Yes it happens on some HP PC's with AMD processors. And requires changes to be made in regedit.

In case of AMD-Processor you must change the register-Key DisableC1E to 0 under HKEYLOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE/BECKHOFF/TWINCAT/SYSTEM