SLC Message Instruction Question

cirtcele

I have three A-B plc's, we'll call them PLC A,B and C. PLC A and PLC B are connected together using a modem that is connected to channel 0 on PLC B. PLC A has the message instruction in its program. I used a pair of 1747-aic to connect PLC B and PLC C together thru channel 1. Everything works fine with the AIC connection. I want to add a message instruction to PLC B so in can read some inputs from PLC C. Will adding the message instruction to PLC B cause a problem with the communication between PLC A and PLC B.

It shouldn't be a problem. We have many PLCs that MSG through ethernet (CH1) and serial (CH0) at the same time.

Similar Topics

Working with SLC 5/05. How does the MSG instruction use the control block and how do correctly determine the length of what it should be?
Replies
Views
I have a SLC 5/05 and I am trying to read motor current from one of the Allen Bradley 193 E300 series overload units. On the Rockwell site I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a problem i was wondering if anyone has ever ran into: I have a control logix processor that has been sending slc type write...
Replies
Views
Hello, is it possible to read a message using a controllogix L61, from a SLC, that is connected to a PLC-5 that already is sending data to the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I have a system we work on. It's a SLC 5/05 at a battery connected through CH0 to a serial radio to a L61 Control Logix processor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom