Custom Data Monitor in RSLogix 5000

Oakley

RSLogix 5 has a nice feature - custom data monitor.

RSLogix 5000 has a Watch Window.

I haven't found a way to populate the watch window with anything other than the current rountine.

Anyone know of a way to have a custom data monitor in RSLogix 5000? No I can't use Excel with dde. RSLinx Lite doesn't support it.

This is an OLD topic, but I am also searching for an answer or an alternate way of doing this (w/o using excel). Does anyone know a way to do this. Preferably once it's been set-up, ability to save it so it does not have to be re-created every single time.

Thanks.

There is a separate tool included with RSL5K that will do this but like the other tools it is not automatically installed and must be installed separately. I forget the name but it is something like "Data Monitor" tool. One catch though, to use it you cannot be using RSLinx Lite. It requires a version of RSLinx that supports DDE/OPC.

As an alternative though, on the Watch window note that there are two options. One says Current Routine and shows you all of the tags used in that routine (including Controller and Program tags). I forget the wording of the other option, but that option allows you to populate the list with whatever tags you wish. Alas this cannot be saved for easy recall like the CDM in RSLogix5.

OG