Safety using Micrologix 1000/MSR210 safety relay

dskplc

Hello,

I am new to programming plcs and putting the hardware together and would like get advice on how to do this for a Micrologix 1000 project using RSLogix 500. I am using an AB safety relay (MSR210) and a 100S safety contactor. I need to have a door safety sensor notice when a door opens so that the safety relay will tell the safety contactor to shut off a motor that is controlling an up/down motion involving 2 limit switches. I have existing ladder logic for the current operation but I just need to incorporate the safety since there was an operator accident. So, bottom line, I want the motor to shut off if the door is opened during a down / up motion and resume when the door is re-shut. It sounds easy but as I said I am a newbie and at a bit of a loss how to pull everything together.

Thanks in advance for any advice

safety devices generally always prevent movement of any device.
The only interface to a PLC is to show status - usually to stop the sequence of the program.
If you have a sliding gate that allows more physical access - you need to do a risk analisys to determine how the safety is to work.
Search this site - there is heaps of information already entered.
What was the operator incident?
you are suggesting you want the Safety relay to Auto reset, then the process to continue automatically.
Normally this is illegal - but this is for your company to decide
and / or justify - get it wrong and the costs are yours to pay.