Shut up! Where thincking here...

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
shutitOK Senior PLC Big Guru mouths an Junior Baby Gurus Master...

I see that this rating stuff makes many, can I say unconfortable?

How about developing a rating formula which uses only whats already available on this site and developing it has if it was a PLC program?

We could use the many features in the site to make this automated and it would minimise Phil intervention.

We could "be the computer, where did I hear that ones. :)

Simple Example:

• A= Personal counts
  • B= average counts of this thread contributors
  • C= Time thread was viewed counts
  • K= Who knows what this one could be :)

Code:
[color=blue][size=5]          ((A+B)*C)K[/color]= [color=red]My new counts variation[/size][/color]

How about we use ladder to make this formula?
How about we use TW to make the first formula?
What would be YOUR meaningfull formula?

banghead

ratings? why worry

As George Orwell once wrote 'all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others'
Need I say more!

Frankly, I don't care either way about the ratings. It is a feature of the VB software that I am sure Phil thought would be fun to play with. No big deal.
The post count is useful to gauge how long someone has been around.

Rating programmers based on their english grammar!!!

What if some of you more frequent "posters" were rated based on your usage of the English language!!!
Usage of any language reflects the speakers thought process...

Oh boy, would I like to troubleshoot your code Pierre?
I don't think so.

As an immigrant from Iceland it puzzles me how many supposedly educated professionals, seem to have difficulties with basic sentence structure.

Don’t you have a spell checker??????

So, at the same time a person on this site may hold a high title (Senior rating), his writing usually gives away his true abilities.

Maybe this site would be better off without the rating system.
Frequent readers will realize on their own who's opinions are most valuable.

Just a thought.

OJ
(Iceman)

OJ
(Iceman)

With the introduction of the flag/location feature, I have been suprised by the location of many of our posters. Their mastery of english never betrayed their origins.

[Post] Rating programmers based on their english grammar!!!

Sorry OJ.
Mastery of the English language does not make you a good programmer.
My wife can diagram a sentence, but can't program the VCR.
I like the rating system.
How else am I gonna become a Jedi Knight?
It's all good.

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the feedback!!
Reference the other thread for 'new titles' (i.e. removal) effective from now.
Enjoy,
Phil

I like Pierre's proposal!

All day long, many of us are subjected to the stresses of coming up with real code for real problems. (I'm working on one now where I'm trying to determine velocity AND position at the same time! I KNOW WHAT THE MAN SAID! YOU CAN'T DO IT! Well, none the less, I'm trying to develop an approximation that is as close to instantaneous as possible.

Anyway, I like the idea of mind-stretching just for the fun of it! It might very well end up looking like a Rube Goldberb creation, but then, Hey! That's a kick in the A$$! LOVE IT!

My first thoughts are...

Raw Count Number:
If above X-Counts, "This guy needs to get a Life!"
-OR-
If above X-Counts, "Hey, get back to Work! (Even if you be da Man!)"

I haven't come up with anything else other than maybe K could equal the inverse of (Temperature in Pheonix / How many teeth my dog has left) * the number of cats I have and all of that divided by how long it takes for me to post the Karnaugh Map solution to Kalle's 2-Guys/2-Girls/2-Rubbers Problem!

RELAX! Have fun with this!

I was thincking about some kind of rating close to when we play chess.

Since I will be out on a startup for the next 2 weeks, I'll have plenty of time to think about it after my second beer at 2 in the morning :)

What else is there to do in Little Rock ?????